Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FCST: 6-5-08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craig S
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Craig S

FCST: 6-5-08 Empty
PostSubject: FCST: 6-5-08   FCST: 6-5-08 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:20 pm

A MODERATE risk of severe weather for southern MN on Thursday. The Twin Cities and Isanti County are under a SLIGHT risk.

The worst should take place in the Sioux Falls/Sioux City area. On Tuesday when I had picked a target, I was going for St. James, MN (35 miles southwest of Mankato). But after looking things over this afternoon, I'm now shifting much farther southwest and today the current target is Centerville, SD (40 miles south of Sioux Falls). That may change again tomorrow, but for now that's where I'll be watching.

A warm front will be spread west to east (or southwest to northeast). The position of this front will be the key to severe weather in MN. The front should slide to the north in the afternoon and evening, and the chances for severe weather around here should be in the late evening. There is going to be some good shear with this system, so tornadoes, even at night, are a possibility.

I work until 11am on Thursday, so my plan is to head to Worthington and adjust from there.

FCST: 6-5-08 Day2060508
Back to top Go down
Craig S
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Craig S

FCST: 6-5-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FCST: 6-5-08   FCST: 6-5-08 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 am

We are under a HIGH risk for severe weather with a good chance for tornadoes. Watch out!
Back to top Go down

FCST: 6-5-08
Page 1 of 1