Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DISC: 8-12-08

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig S
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Craig S

DISC: 8-12-08 Empty
PostSubject: DISC: 8-12-08   DISC: 8-12-08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 pm

I spent the day at a company golf tournament down in Lakeville. On my way home, I was going through Centerville/Lino Lakes on 35E, and I know I saw a wall cloud to my west. I didn't have my laptop with me or any antennas on the roof of my car, but I was still able to hear the warning on the wx radio broadcast. Thought maybe I was seeing things, but a rotating wall cloud was seen in Blaine at 7:15 by another storm chaser and confirmed by a third. My only thought was, "Not Hugo again."

Did Isanti Skywarn activate for this warning? Was there any damage up here? I saw no hail the whole way, but between Forest Lake and Stacy it was raining so hard, you couldn't see 100 yards in front of you--one of those where everyone has to pull over on the freeway (except those crazy storm chasers).
Back to top Go down
Kc0wkp
Kc0wkp

DISC: 8-12-08 Empty
PostSubject: nope   DISC: 8-12-08 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:16 pm

as far as I know we did not really activate i was still out of town, but I know rob get up and made an announcement. There as not much that went through this far north. For now I am gone or the rest of the season, but I will be down in Steele County helping out. Today during practice I saw a very defined non-rotating wall cloud, I wish I could have taken a picture but I was in soccer practice. It was so clear and in a picture it would have looked like it rotating very fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.isantiskywarn.org

DISC: 8-12-08
Page 1 of 1