Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kc0wkp
Kc0wkp

HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Empty
PostSubject: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:48 pm

FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF CLASSES AND EXAMS YOU CAN VISIT THE

ARRL WEBSITE

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME
Back to top Go down
http://www.isantiskywarn.org
Craig S
Administrator/Developer
Administrator/Developer
Craig S

PostSubject: Re: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 pm

Here are a couple more links for those that may be interested (Morgana)...

Anoka County Radio Club
They have testing on most every 2nd Saturday of each month. That is where I took mine, down in Blaine.

East Central MN Amateur Radio Club

ARRL Tests in MN

All you need to do to get your ham radio license is pass a 30 question test--no morse code is required. This is a great book that can teach you a lot and has practice tests in it.
Now You're Talking
If you don't want to buy it online, I pretty sure that Radio City in Mounds View sells it. Also, Radio City is the only local dealer (that I know of) that sells ham radio equipment. Only take cash into that place otherwise you might spend waaaaay too much on the toys!
Back to top Go down
Morgana
EF1
EF1

PostSubject: Re: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Thank U for the info, im gonna get the book tomarrow. I have been pricing radios online, but still trying to figure out which brand to go with... oh decisions, decisions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kc0wkp
Kc0wkp

PostSubject: Re: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 pm

If you are looking for a good setup that will get you out ion the air I would go with Yeasu for a mobile the FT-2800, and if you want a hand held the VX-170.

The Ft-2800 has 65 watts output and will be around $117 new I think radio city might have deal on them right now too.

The VX-170 is a very good handheld and is water proof up to 3 ft it is the one i have and I love it, that one will run about $120

One more thing if you are serious about getting your lisense it might be helpful to get the radio before you take your test so you can listen and get a feel for how people talk on there and how nets are run etc.....

Hope to hear you on soon Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.isantiskywarn.org
Morgana
EF1
EF1

PostSubject: Re: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 am

thnak u for the info on the different models!! that was the only thng holding me up. I didnt invest my money into so crappy radio. Im going to go down tomarrow to look at them. i got a week of vaction so hopefully there will be some good storms Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES   HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAM RADIO EXAMS/CLASSES
Page 1 of 1